It's beanie season here and I love it! This is quick and easy pattern using gradient yarn which make it nice and trendy.
Size: S/M, teens
Yarn: Red Heart Melange, color 00002
Hook: hook nb. 4 for band and hook nb. 5 for body
Others: pom and yarn needle, scissors
- row 1 - SC in the 2nd CH from the hook. SC in each ST across. CH 1. turn
- rows 2-62: SC in first ST. SC in BLO of each ST until one ST remains. SC in the last ST. CH 1. Turn.
- when your band reaches the correct size, bring the ends of the band together and SLST together. Turn inside out so that the seam is facing the inside of the band
- do not break yarn and continue with the body
Body of the beanie:* we do not turn the work at the end of the row unless explicitly stated
* the chain at the beginning of the row does not count as the first stitch
- row 1 - CH 2, HDC around the band (62) if your band, join with a SLST to the top of the starting chain
- row 2 - CH 2, HDC in the 3rd loop of each ST. Join with a SLST to starting chain
- row 3 - CH 1, SC in the 3rd loop of each ST. Join with a SLST to starting chain, turn
- row 4 - CH 3, puff, skip ST, 31 puffs in row, turn
- puff - yarn over and insert hook into stitch, pull up a loop, yarn over and insert hook into same stitch again, pull up another loop, until you have 5 loops on your hook, Yarn over and pull through all 5 loops on your hook, CH 1